theJANG.net
Bamidele O. Shangobunmi

JANG Speaks!: Time be flyin'

Thursday, January 4, 2007

Time be flyin'

Dang, I can't believe almost the whole week has gone by already. A new girl started on my team on Tuesday, so all of our hires are filled for awhile. My project has continued to grow & morph in real time, but I'm managing to maintain equillibrium between my to-do's and those of others on the project. Stress has thus been pleasingly low this week. Acting on a tip, I spoke with my hiring/interim manager's manager today about the "ace card/special sauce" topic and it sounds like there's already a related effort about to kick off that I may be able to get involved with at the ground floor and to which I could really bring a lot of experience.

That same manager stopped by my cube later in the day with our director and evidently they really like the company logo I made out of Lego blocks real quick last night; word spread and the VP stopped by later in the evening to have a look-see. I also got a couple (artificial, but gotta-touch-it-to-see realistic) plants this week, and brought in this bright blue little office chair I recently inherited, to offer as my official cubicle guest seat. With a blue theme developing quickly, a coworker suggested that I seek a blue replacement for my green-topped ottoman/drawer thing, and I was able to make a successful trade with the new designer.

So, whaddya know, I'm actually starting to get comfortable at this place. Maybe.

No comments: