theJANG.net
Bamidele O. Shangobunmi

JANG Speaks!: Ok, honeymoon's over

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Ok, honeymoon's over

Just when I was starting to get comfortable with the pace of things, the pace doubles again. From the moment I walked in the office this morning until around 7:30pm when I left, I was running -- physically and/or mentally. I was booked solid in meetings or activities from 10am to 4pm and was handling emails, document reviews, and specification edits from my laptop whenever I had a moment to multitask.

I ran into one of my managers and a director in the restroom in the evening. Here's basically how the back & forth went, my words in blue:

"You're still here?"
"Yuuuup."
"Slackin or bustin butt?"
"Bustin'."
"Is there light at the end of the tunnel?"
"It flickers."
"Fun project at least?"
"Mmm, maybe the next one will be."

No comments: