theJANG.net
Bamidele O. Shangobunmi

JANG Speaks!: A short week

Thursday, December 28, 2006

A short week

In the two work days that have passed so far this week, I've managed to actually move forward a day in schedule, and I have a fighting chance of meeting my deadlines. Unfortunately, with various folks going on holiday breaks (how dare they?!) in shifts, it doesn't look like the entire project is going to come together on schedule no matter what any individual contributors manage to pull off. There's even a possibility that... no, I don't want to say, it's too frustrating to consider. I'll wait & see what happens as the drop dead dates approach (next week & the week after that).

The really good news is that my hiring manager is back, though the rest of our group is now out of the office (along with what looks like about half of the company, judging from the open parking spaces). A couple bottles of champagne were opened for a random holiday celebration in the afternoon, and I hear there's more where those came from. There was a suggestion floated that we all come in to work on New Year's Eve. HHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAhahahahahaha..... oh man.. jokers I tell ya.

At least I don't feel hopeless & at the mercy of an unknown quantities of unknowns this week. Problems that are understood, I can work with. Not knowing what the heck is going on and being expected to make everything work out great anyhow? Not so fun.

OH, and when somebody sent out pictures from the afternoon get-together, I learned we have another RC fanatic in my group; he has pretty deep manufacturer hookups, apparently races at a rather high (national) level, and knows about hobby shops & relatively young tracks in the area that I'd never heard of. Woot! He has a LiPo-powered Lunchbox on top of his cube!

No comments: