theJANG.net
Bamidele O. Shangobunmi

JANG Speaks!: Just my luck!

Friday, December 15, 2006

Just my luck!

The executive review yesterday morning was interesting. The product manager had busted his rear getting a PowerPoint deck prepared, and I had busted similarly preparing the design presentation. The review was scheduled for 30 minutes. The VP arrived 20 minutes late, instantly waved off the PowerPoint, had me walk through the designs at breakneck speed, dropped a bomb about some particulars that now have folks in 3 departments really worried, told me who to contact to set up another review session, and left. I got lucky and pulled strings with someone who pulled strings for me as well, and the new review is set up for Monday afternoon. Should be fun.

I got my Outlook calendar levelled out for next week. For one time slot I was triple-booked, and for two others I was doubled up. I wanted to schedule a lunch with someone, but couldn't find a time slot before Thursday.

No comments: