theJANG.net
Bamidele O. Shangobunmi

JANG Speaks!: Forza 3 is mine, all mine!

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Forza 3 is mine, all mine!



Picked up the Limited Collector's Edition or LCE with the Game Stop preorder goodies today!  Well, technically it was yesterday, but who's counting.  I played it as much as I could in the first day, driving 326 miles, reaching driver level 15, earning about 600k credits, hitting 209mph in a stock ZR1, and earning 31 of 50 achievements. It gets much harder from this point on though, at least achievement-wise (the 31 only count for 355 gamerpoints).








The only thing that bugs me so far is that my favorite camera view (just in front of the windshield) now floats a bit ... it turns slightly like your head would. Makes it tough to judge your slip angle sometimes. Otherwise though, definite kid-in-a-candy store material! I like that they split out "E" and "F" classes now, so there are some truly slow classes again.

Here's my purchased/modded car list so far:
  • Corvette ZR1, 2009, stock
  • Ferrari F40 (A), tire upgrade only
  • Camaro SS, 2010 (B), tire, wheel, suspension, aero upgrades, all for looks (I call it my Bumblebee) but has earned me a lot of money
  • Ford Focus RS (C), 2009, very mild mods just to get through various races
  • VW Rabbit GTI Mk.I (C), 1984, pretty heavily modded but only did it to get that one burnout photo
  • Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X GSR, (C) prototype URC livery car
  • Porsche 944 Turbo (C), to match the one in my driveway of course
  • Honda Civic Type-R, 2007 JDM/EDM (D), forget if I did any mods, just got it to earn dough
  • Lancia Stratos HF Stradale, because it's a Lancia Stratos
  • Toyota Yaris S, 2008 (F), stock, my first car that led to all of the rest
Don't forget the reward cars:
  • Ferrari California
  • Honda NSX-R GT, 2005
  • Leon Supercup, 2007
  • Lexus IS-F
  • Lotus Exige Cup 240
  • BMW M5 E60
  • Maserati GranTurismo
  • Ford Mustang Shelby GT500, 2007
  • Vauxhall VX220 Turbo
  • Renault Sport Clio V6
  • Volkswagen Sirocco GT, 2009
  • Alfa Romeo Brera Italia Independent, 2009
  • Fiat Abarth 500 esseesse, 2010
I'll be putting full-size originals of all of my photos in my Forza 3 photo gallery on Flickr.


No comments: